Peachpie also able to run WordPress as a fully managed application on .NET and .NET Core.
There are several reasons why it is desirable to run WordPress on .NET:
- Performance: compiled code is fast and also optimized by the .NET ‘Jitter’ for your actual system. Additionally, the .NET performance profiler may be used to resolve bottlenecks.
- C# Extensibility: plugin functionality can be implemented in a separate C# project and/or PHP plugins may use .NET libraries.
- Sourceless distribution: after the compilation, most of the source files are not needed.
- Power of .NET: Peachpie allows the compiled WordPress clone to run in a .NET jittered, secure and manageable environment, updated through windows update.
- No need to install PHP: Peachpie is a modern compiler platform and runtime distributed as a dependency to your .NET project. It is downloaded automatically on demand as a NuGet package or it can be even deployed standalone together with the compiled application as its library dependency.